Nov 25, 2020

3 TYPES OF BACKDROPS TO CREATE UNIQUE INSTAGRAM FLATLAY PHOTO

Hello, my dear sparkly people. Today's topic is very different from everything I wrote before, but also it is one of my favorite topics ever. As you may know, I am a huge photography lover, and product and flat lay photos are something I really enjoy. But, no matter if you are a professional portrait or product photographer, or an amateur you will need a backdrop to add a studio atmosphere to any type of photography. So, today I'll introduce an online store called Star backdrops.

One of my favorite textures for flat lays is a wood backdrop. It looks amazing with all types of products, and create a nice contrast with metallic or glass packaging. I love the white wood texture because for me, it is universal and it will look great on minimalistic type of photography but it goes well with more complex layouts. But dark wood is also great for products with light-colored product bottles.

If you are more into outdoor flat lay you should give a try to grass backdrops. It is perfect for photographers who don't own a backyard but need grass texture for a certain type of product. For example, I would shot SPF products on this kind of backdrop, it would be perfect to shot it on golden hour, with lots of sunshine, and spray it with water to create raindrops on the bottle. The message behind this photo setup will be 'you need your SPF when you go out no matter what". 


And the last backdrop I want to show you today is the blue and white stripes backdrop.  I would use this backdrop for summer-inspired photos, retro photos, or with red-colored products. This is not a minimalistic backdrop and you should be prepared that you'll need lots of props to create a layout that will be a perfect match with this backdrop. 


I hope that you liked today's post, and as always you can click on the photos for direct links to all backdrops I showed you today. Which one is your favorite? Let me know in the comment section.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea!
    https://www.lingeriemanufacturerschina.com/

    ReplyDelete

Follow Us @get_sparkly